Research (Senior) Analyst, GB Power & Renewables Team
Aurora Energy Research
Oxford, United Kingdom
Aurora’s Research department is seeking a results-oriented Analyst or Senior Analyst to join our subscription energy analytics and client-facing services as part of our Power & Renewables Team for the GB Market, based in our Oxford office.
This position suits candidates with experience working in the energy or financial sectors, who possesses some experience in power market analysis in GB, or another country. This position will offer a chance to engage with leading stakeholders in the GB market and help to drive forward Aurora’s best-in-class modelling.
The coming decade is expected to see British renewable energy generation increase more than double, disrupting energy markets of all kinds. Your role will be to help analyse and forecast this changing market, supported by our proprietary energy market models and analytics software. You will work on policy analysis and investment economics for renewables and other technologies and engage with a client base that includes leading British and international energy, financial and governmental organisations.
Your role will benefit from tutoring by experienced team members in Oxford, and allow you to grow into a market expert, delivering market-leading analysis to top clients, and contributing learning to Aurora’s wider global research team.
- Contribute analysis and research to develop Aurora’s view on renewable and conventional assets;
- Analyse and understand policy outcomes across the GB energy sector;
- Work with Aurora’s best-in-class modelling to develop our views on the future of the GB energy system;
- Communicate findings to a wide range of clients, in-person and online;
- Contribute materials to Aurora’s reports, notes and client communications.
- We will consider candidates who have between 1 – 3 years of experience at a major consultancy, energy company, financial services company, or other knowledge-focused firm or institution;
- First-class or high second-class university degree;
- Proven ability to organise and manage their own time;
- Proven ability to interpret and derive insight from complex quantitative data and information;
- Ability to communicate clearly and cooperate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders;
- Self-starting, entrepreneurial mindset, and desire to grow the business.
- Experience in conducting analysis on power markets, in GB or another context;
- Experience working on financial markets or project finance;
- Demonstrated success in working together with clients;
- Competence in advanced data analytics (e.g. Python, R, Matlab, Advanced Excel).
Don't forget to mention EuroClimateJobs when applying.