Facilitator and Event Co-organiser: SPARK EU Climate Action Project
Closing date: 25 September 2023@ 23:59 GMT
Location: Flexible/Homebased (subject to being able to establish a consultancy contract)
Rate: In line with Oxfam Values & according to location
The consultant will work with the Oxfam EU Spark team to deliver the above program. They will support in the planning, organisation and execution of the programme in its entirety. This work shall include but is not limited to:
- Program development: Support the refining, planning and co-organising of the programme according to Spark project requirements, feedback from previous editions and in line with Oxfam’s values and mission;
- Participant Selection: Assist in selecting online and offline program participants;
- Online Training: Coordinating the online sessions including liaising with the session leads and guest speakers to ensure sessions are interactive and cohesive. Facilitating the online sessions to create an environment where participants can actively engage in a safe space;
- In-Person Event: Coordinating and facilitating the in-person event in Brussels including managing processes like icebreaker games and feedback sessions; communicating with participants and speakers on the agenda and managing the logistics and travels to ensure we stay on schedule; as well as be able to sense the overall tone and flow of the program and be able to adapt program at short notice in emergencies e.g. speaker cancels;
- Logistics: Provide the full spectrum of event management support including booking the venue, hotel and restaurants for the in-person event; communicate with participants during online and offline sessions; assist participants in booking their travel and arrange travel documents for attendees of the in-person event (including taking care of visas if needed); liaise with Oxfam’s administration and procurement team;
- Communication: Focal point of communication with participants, speakers and external contacts;
- Feedback: Collect and collate feedback from participants and feedback to Spark team with a report.
We are looking for someone with
- The ability to confidently facilitate group discussions online and offline in a fun, creative, inclusive and engaging way while keeping on schedule. The facilitator must be able to adapt sessions to suit the group’s needs;
- Proven experience in event management, both online and offline;
- Excellent and effective interpersonal, intercultural communication skills and the ability to relate positively with a wide range of young persons;
- Strong time-management skills, and able to work collaboratively in a team;
- Excellent level of written and spoken English;
- Demonstrated interest in Oxfam’s mission and values.
Please see the Terms of reference for further details.
How to apply
Interested in applying? Please send a one-page CV and a one-page document outlining how your skills and previous experience, including examples, match up to this program. Please include a financial bid which takes into consideration VAT expenses and your business registration certificate for screening purposes.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Spark Consultant – YOUR NAME” as the subject line by 25 September, 23.59 CEST.
Don't forget to mention EuroClimateJobs when applying.