Business Development Executive - Power/Renewables
Brighton and Hove, Pontyclun, Leatherhead or Manchester, United Kingdom
At RINA we know the importance of the work we carry out for our clients but we won’t rest until everyone knows. We’re seeking a highly motivated Business Development Executive to extend our reach through cultivation of new, untapped business opportunities and relationships. The ideal candidate will be proactive, have a strong business attitude and possess an open-minded personality to help build business opportunities with the support of our highly skilled Business Development team. You will join a team of like-minded go-getters to achieve our company vision and get the job done.
Objectives of this role
- Represent the company and our services, using comprehensive knowledge and research to explain how our solutions meet our customers’ needs in the area of power systems planning & design, renewable energy schemes, and earthing & lightning design & measurement;
- Generate leads and build relationships by nurturing prospects and finding potential new sales opportunities;
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects and engage with current customers to discuss and understand their needs and requirements.
- Collaborate with experienced Business Development Managers and Service Line leaders to focus on new business and sales opportunities, client visits and strategic account management;
- Attend Trade events and engage with new clients and follow up with detailed presentation and discussions;
- Identifying partners to support delivery of projects;
- Contribute to customer satisfaction, repeat business and developing new markets;
- Provide support on customer contracts, tenders and quotations;
- Responsible for order intake and business pipeline;
- Support contract closing activities;
- Work with wider team of business development managers to identify potential customer order acquisition opportunities;
- Support the development of ‘cross selling’ and mutual opportunities with Business Development teams in other Business Units;
- Track competitor activity and provide updates on competitor news and intelligence.
Experience, skills and qualifications
- Experience and knowledge of projects in the energy generation and distribution sector, power systems, energy storage, or renewables & decarbonisation is essential;
- 4+ years’ experience with roles concentrated in Business Development and Account management activities;
- Excellent communication skills and strong networking capabilities;
- A good personal network with Financial institutions, power generation, storage, transmission and distribution sector, hydrogen and nuclear;
- Experience preparing quotations, pre-qualifications and responding to tenders;
- Experience of contributing to writing, appraising and negotiating detailed contracts and commercial agreements;
- Bachelor’s degree qualified (or equivalent) in Engineering (preferred) or related discipline;
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Experience of what an engineering consultancy with measurement capabilities can offer to clients;
- Ability to deliver presentations effectively.
Don't forget to mention EuroClimateJobs when applying.