Amsterdam or London
What will you do?
The main deliverable of the team is the Long-Term Market Outlook (LTMO), a scenario-based framework for power price development, which is used throughout Vattenfall for strategic decision making and asset valuation. You will be part of an international, multidisciplinary, supportive team of experts and analysts, translating long-term energy market and political trends into insights building the foundation for strategic decision making and testing business opportunities. Having the LTMO stakeholder’s needs across Vattenfall's business areas in mind, this will be a perfect chance to live your affinity for energy market policies, data handling skills to derive insightful analysis and to improve Vattenfall’s understanding of the future electricity system.
Your tasks and responsibilities
In your role as Strategy Analyst, you will:
- work as a topical expert on several critical energy market drivers such as renewable development, (e.g., offshore wind, onshore wind and solar) demand growth or the hydrogen market;
- develop a thorough understanding of the European economic energy landscape and understand how different economic drivers are connected;
- perform quantitative and qualitative energy market analyses and derive tangible market insights and long-term scenario to support Vattenfall's strategic decision making, asset valuation and businesses;
- collaborate closely with key internal stakeholders (Business Areas, Group Risk Management, Finance) and our experts running our power market models;
- build a strong network of contacts throughout the organization.
Who are you?
As a Strategy Analyst you’re a structured problem solver, skilled in analyzing and and summarise conclusions in a structured way, including thorough research, . Next to that we would like you to have:
- An academic degree in (energy) Economics, Political Sciences or Engineering;
- You have 1-2 year working experience, ready for you next step in your career;
- Accomplished critical thinker with the ability to do quantitative and qualitative analyses based on market data and a strong focus on results;
- A merit to have operational and business experience from the energy or related industry;
- Well established communication skills and a compelling storyteller;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to connect and engage across Vattenfall;
- Fluency in English, both verbally and in writing.
Don't forget to mention EuroClimateJobs when applying.