Reading, United Kingdom
About the Opportunity
In collaboration with AWE Jacobs is working to deliver the Non-Nuclear Engineering Partnership NNEP which is a programme of works involving all aspects of the AWE’s design and build portfolio outside of the critical nuclear facilities. This is a 7-year framework, valuing at £1B across Major Projects, re-kit and maintenance programmes.
To ensure a successful outcome for our NNEP portfolio we are actively recruiting for a Project Director who will be responsible for ensuring the successful operational delivery of the full lifecycle of a project within the NNEP framework. Preferably the successful candidate will already have an existing SC security clearance or willingness to achieve SC clearance.
- Lead the delivery of the assigned major project within the framework to become industry-leading across Health, Safety, Environment, Security, Quality, Social Values, Sustainability, Delivery excellence and talent leadership;
- Support the commercial strategy and leadership to enable solution-driven approach, enhance opportunities, reduce risk and control change management. Deliver an industry-leading delivery people strategy to become an employer like no other – capability and capacity, resourcing, recruiting, retention, training, progression, team performance and talent management;
- Lead exemplary stakeholder relations and accountability across the framework, client organisation, wider supply chain and Jacob’s capabilities for a true One Jacobs offering and delivery;
- Execute successful leadership of multidisciplinary teams ensuring appropriate resources are available and fully trained to be able to carry out their tasks;
- Seek out areas of improvement within delivery with the aim of achieving safer, sustainable, faster, and more cost-effective delivery of projects and programmes;
- Track and report on Project delivery KPIs;
- Effective communication with multiple members of the team at different levels of seniority.
Here’s What You’ll Need
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience of successful delivery of complex large/major projects as a Principal Contractor including comprehensive understanding of project management, leadership, design management and construction/implementation processes in design and build of projects is essential;
- Knowledge of UK Health and Safety Legislation is essential, Health and Safety qualification such as NEBOSH is desirable;
- Experience of leading large teams displaying superior interpersonal and leadership skills and experience in managing cross-functional teams in a highly regulated environment is essential;
- Leadership and safety training. Information concerning specific company safety, quality and security procedures will be provided in-post;
- Excel at effective interaction with clients, seniors and peers while working in a collaborative “Team” environment and able to build and maintain effective internal and external working relationships;
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and quality are required along with a process improvement-oriented mindset;
- Degree qualified with professional qualification and membership of an official body such as APM PQQ or equivalent is essential;
- Project delivery knowledge under NEC3/4 contract arrangement is desirable.
Don't forget to mention EuroClimateJobs when applying.