Senior Sustainability Manager, Sustainable Finance
About the role
In the role of Senior Sustainability Manager, Sustainable Finance you are responsible for Fortum’s reporting to meet EU-level requirements addressing Sustainable Finance (e.g. EU Taxonomy) and the development of green finance frameworks. You will also be responsible for investment assessments in the area of ESG and Group disclosures and reporting required for sustainable financing.
We offer a very interesting position in our corporate sustainability function, in one of the leading energy companies in the Nordics. You report to the Director of Sustainable Finance and Compliance. Our team works in a hybrid mode, and we have people in Espoo and Stockholm. We are looking for a person to join us in Espoo Finland.
In your role you will be responsible for:
- Managing and developing investment assessment processes to ensure compliance and strategic fit in the area of sustainability;
- Developing Group practices and processes to meet regulatory requirements such as EU Taxonomy and other stakeholder-related requirements addressing sustainable finance;
- Fortum’s EU Taxonomy assessment and reporting according to EU Taxonomy regulations;
- Developing green finance frameworks, KPIs, and reporting principles;
- Providing high-level advice in own responsibility area and support to internal and external stakeholders.
To succeed in the position, we hope you have:
- a Master's degree in Science or Finance;
- Over 5 years of sustainability and preferably also finance working experience in multinational companies;
- Understanding of EU-level sustainability and environmental regulation as well as so-called soft law in sustainability;
- Understanding of investment decision process and ESG drivers in it;
- Good knowledge of EU taxonomy, green finance frameworks, and related reporting regulation, understanding of IFRS and group financial reporting is an advantage;
- Proven track record of successful process development and implementation;
- Business-oriented mindset with strong problem-solving, analytical, and stakeholder engagement skills;
- Fluent writing and speaking in English, Finnis and Swedish is seen as an advantage.
Don't forget to mention EuroClimateJobs when applying.