Third Party Asset Trader
To expand the international Third Party Asset Trading team located in Milan, we are looking for n. 1 Third Party Asset Trader Italy. The resource will be in contact with experienced market traders, he/she will contribute to the optimization of the renewable and third-party asset portfolio in the Italian and international markets as well as to the expansion of the sector through algorithmic and flexible trading. Together with colleagues, he/she will design the new era of renewable trading through the implementation of dynamic strategies to adapt to a constantly changing and competitive market.
Main tasks and responsilities:
- Optimization and dispatching of Italian and third-party renewable assets as well as electricity sales;
- Reconciliation and optimization of all Assets’ positions in the Italian intraday market;
- Responsibility for D-1 and intraday optimization of Italian third-party RES (Renewable Energy Sources), reducing and optimizing imbalance costs and flexibility in Italy;
- Analysis and modification of available forecasts on RES, hydro and cogeneration assets in the portfolio in order to reduce imbalance cost;
- Participation in structuring the portfolio of third-party assets and pricing of balancing risks (short and long term) in Italy;
- Establish guidelines and coordinate with the Short-Term Asset team for the Italian market to ensure smooth operation and minimize communication and optimization errors;
- Coordinate with IT, Intraday Services, and the Short-Term Asset team for the Italian market to establish and maintain the applications, tools, and IT infrastructure required to run the operations of Alpiq-owned and third-party Italian RES assets;
- Collaborate on projects and working groups related to intraday trading activities and business development;
- Follow Italian market and regulatory developments, identify new trading opportunities, share knowledge within Trading & Origination divisions.
- At least 3 years of experience in energy companies or utilities in similar role or as scheduler will be appreciated;
- Previous experience in project management and international background.
- Master’s degree in engineering, Economics, Finance, STEM.
- Knowledge of Italian Power Market, existing regulatory framework, and energy landscape;
- Knowledge of physical energy market including related data flows;
- Programming skills (VBA, Python) (must have);
- Professional English (at least B2 level).
- Results and customer orientation;
- Strong analytical and planning skills;
- Analytical thinking;
- Good communicator;
- Ability to make decisions under stress and to take responsibility;
- Proactive problem solving;
Don't forget to mention EuroClimateJobs when applying.