Senior Environmental Consultant (EMEA)
Copenhagen, Aarhus, Bristol, Glasgow, or Hamburg
Do you have extensive knowledge about Environmental and Social Due Diligence, Environmental Impact Assessments and project management for renewable energy projects and do you thrive in an international work environment where you play an important part in supporting the Green Transition towards a more sustainable future? Then this position as Senior Environmental Consultant with K2 Management might be the next great challenge for you.
K2 Management is a global, independent, and leading consultancy working within the renewable industry. We are currently seeking a Senior Environmental Consultant for our HSEQ team who can deliver high quality and optimum environmental and social support to our clients’ renewable energy projects. The position can be based at our headquarters in Aarhus or at one of our offices in Copenhagen, Aarhus, Bristol, Glasgow, or Hamburg. You will report to our Director, HSEQ & RM.
Areas of responsibility:
As Senior Environmental Consultant your area of responsibility will include:
- Environmental and Social review and advisory during Lenders Environmental and Social Assessment (LESA) project phase;
- Review and advisory on project compliance with international ESG standards (IFC Performance Standards and applicable World Bank Group’s Environmental Health and Safety guidelines, Equator Principles 4, International Labour (ILO) standards among others);
- Environmental and Consenting review and assessment during Due Diligence (Acquisition and Vendor DD) Pre-feasibility studies and project development;
- Environmental risks and constraints identification and management;
- Project management including management of sub-contractors and review and quality assurance of 3rd party review and assessment documentation;
- Report writing and review;
- Participate in optimizing internal processes.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Master’s degree within a relevant field;
- 5-8 years of experience working with Environmental and Social DD, environmental impact assessments or similar of renewable energy projects;
- Strong ability to work independently and to be proactive and seek information within the organisation;
- Willingness to support and guide junior staff within the team;
- Preferably, experience from working as a consultant and thus flexible towards deadlines, workloads and of working with colleagues and clients in different time zones;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbally and in writing.
Don't forget to mention EuroClimateJobs when applying.