Senior Investment Director
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Senior Investment Director (or Investment Director) to join our dynamic team in Hamburg. As a Senior Investment Director, you will report to the Chief Product Officer and work closely with the Executive leadership of Aquila Clean Energy to lead the execution of M&A processes related to our capital recycling plan.
As a Senior Investment Director, you will play a vital role in our mission to revolutionise the renewable energy industry.
- Execute the divestment strategy for a portion of the Aquila clean energy project pipeline to recycle capital for corporate growth
- Identify potential partnerships based on target countries, technologies and quantity of installed capacity, and maintain relationships for repeat business
- Oversee the entire process of deal execution, from initial preparation of the market opportunity to final negotiations and closing. Ensure adherence to rigorous financial modeling, valuation analysis, and risk assessment
- Take charge of negotiations and the structuring of deal agreements to maximize value for the Aquila Clean Energy balance sheet while maintaining compliance with legal, regulatory, and ethical standards
- Conduct thorough financial modeling and scenario analysis to assess the feasibility and potential synergies of M&A transactions. Evaluate the financial implications of potential deals and provide insightful recommendations
- Stay informed about industry trends, regulatory changes, and market dynamics in the renewable energy sector. Utilize this knowledge to offer insights on capital recycling strategy
- Lead, mentor, and motivate a team of M&A professionals, creating a collaborative and high-performance work environment. Ensure the team remains motivated, focused, and dedicated to delivering outstanding results
- From time to time, approach and manage sell-side financial advisors
- Preparation of M&A decision reports as well as ad-hoc analyses and presentations for executive management including presentation of the results
- At least 7 -10 years of relevant experience within infrastructure, ideally within a global renewable energy company, leading investment firm, top tier bank or consultancy. We will consider candidates at Director level as well as Senior Director level
- Masters in business, finance or investment related area
- Successful track record of working on M&A transactions and executing divestment strategies
- Strong people manager with experience of leading and motivating a team to achieve exceptional results
- Previous experience and understanding of financial modelling and scenario analysis
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to think creatively
- Fluency in English, additional European language is highly desirable
Don't forget to mention EuroClimateJobs when applying.