Turbine Installation Supervisor - Hydropower Plants
GE Renewable Energy
The Turbine Supervisor is responsible for activities related to the construction, building and commissioning on customer site, from site mobilization, through civil, erection and commissioning work, as well as management activities related to this scope.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for activities related to the construction, building and commissioning on customer site, from site mobilization, through civil, erection and commissioning work, as well as management activities related to this scope;
- Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team;
- Executes standard operational/technical tasks typically subject to instructions and work routines;
- There is latitude to rearrange the sequence to complete task/duties based on changing work situations;
- Individuals who site off-site but support or manage construction and commissioning activities;
- Manage or support teams of people covering the full range of DAWs within the family;
- Broadening knowledge of own technical discipline to execute policy/strategy;
- Support roles with specialized technical field of knowledge; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills;
- May have some autonomy to make decisions within a defined framework;
- Resolves issues in situations that require good technical knowledge and judgment within established procedures;
- Consults more senior team members for issues outside of defined instructions/parameters;
- May be required to lead a junior team. For customer facing roles, develops strong customer relationships and serves as the interface between customer and GE;
- Explains technical information to others.
- Eligibility to work in the European Union and in the Schengen Area;
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college;
- Experience in Construction Project Management;
- Experience in Construction and Commissioning Operations;
- Professional working English language skills (written & verbal);
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Basic understanding of key business drivers;
- Good understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area;
- Energy industry experience is preferred;
- Experience with Hydro turbines/generators is preferred.
Don't forget to mention EuroClimateJobs when applying.