We are seeking a skilled and experienced ecologist to join our dynamic team. Preferably based in our Cork office the ideal candidate will be looking to further his/her career and gain invaluable experience across a wide range of projects, within a friendly working environment. In particular, experience in carrying out ecological surveys, management and delivery of ecological impact assessments (EcIA) and AA (screening, NIS, NIR) is desirable, with any experience/interest in restorative design/nature-based solutions a distinct advantage. This is a permanent role in a really experienced team which offers the successful candidate excellent opportunities for continued learning, diversification of skills and career development.
- Working with the team on multi-disciplinary projects across a wide range of sectors
- Multi-disciplinary ecology surveys – including habitats, mammals, birds, invasive species, and others
- Preparation of EcIA and AA documentation
- Liaising with clients and other relevant stakeholders
- Relevant third level Degree (Level 8 or higher) in ecology or related discipline
- Several years post qualification experience, most of which will have been gained within a planning or environmental/ecological consultancy area, preferably in EcIA and AA (screening, NIS, NIR)
- Membership of a professional body, working towards chartership
- Experience in designing, carrying out ecological surveys and delivering EcIA and AA is essential
- Ability to work well in teams, work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent working knowledge of Irish and EU wildlife and planning legislation
- Excellent organisation and problem-solving skills and initiative
- Strong technical report writing skills
- Strong commercial awareness
Don't forget to mention EuroClimateJobs when applying.