Senior Offshore Wind Risk Manager
London, Berlin, Hamburg, Amsterdam, Stockholm or Kolding
Your tasks and responsibilities
As Senior Offshore Wind Risk Manager you will be part of the “Risk & Opportunity Management” team in Business Unit Offshore Wind. The “Risk & Opportunity Management” team is a commercial team that delivers end-to-end value for Vattenfall's offshore wind assets.
The team collects all risk management disciplines over the life time of an asset, it makes sure identification of risk and opportunities is complete and prioritisation and active mitigation or execution of risk responses take place. Team is responsible for delivering effective risk management for offshore wind projects, partnerships, assets and revenues across Northern Europe and the UK.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Ensuring all risks, opportunities and uncertainties are identified, quantified, recorded and managed properly and timely, including possible dependencies between individual risks;
- Collaborating with colleagues from several functions to continuously improve risk and uncertainty management of project and asset business cases;
- Assigning risk and opportunity owners within the business and supporting them in identifying, describing, valuing, managing and monitoring their risks & opportunities;
- Developing and producing clear and concise risk and opportunity reporting for senior management and Joint Venture partners, which will be used to both inform project and asset decision making and provide a realistic overview of the risk exposure faced by risk owners;
- Identifying and implementing ways to improve the risk and opportunity management methodology and processes, ensuring that methods are applied consistently across the lifecycle and be flexible where acceptable;
- Developing strategies for dealing with residual risk and assisting in business continuity plans;
- Educating the project and asset teams by fostering transparency and a health risk culture.
For succeeding in the position:
You have demonstrable, in-depth level of competency in analysis and interest and experience in risk management. You are a strong team player and possess the ability to build a wide network of key stakeholder and co-worker relationships.
Also, you bring the following qualifications:
- Engineering, Commercial or Risk Management qualification to graduate level or equivalent;
- Demonstrable experience of CAPEX/OPEX risk management or risk modelling in large projects;
- Minimum 4 years of experience form a similar position (required);
- Experience with ARM or similar software such as Safran or @Risk or Excel based analysis;
- Previous Offshore-Wind experience would be beneficial but not required;
- Excellent English communication skills both written and spoken.
Furthermore, you bring the following key competencies:
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills;
- Structured worker with ability to structure work of others;
- Experience in international cooperation with the ability to work with different cultures;
- Experience and keen interest in working in projects with broadly defined, abstract, and/or shifting targets, including being communicative and proactively involved in sharing any new ideas or thoughts;
- Enjoying to work on international, multidisciplinary projects and teams and willing to travel both locally and internationally where required.
Don't forget to mention EuroClimateJobs when applying.