Sustainability and Building Physics Consultant/Engineer
Newcastle, United Kingdom
This is an excellent opportunity for a passionate and motivated consultant/engineer to join our team, to work on some of the most exciting sustainable design projects in the UK and around the world.
Working under the guidance and supervision of more experienced staff, you will develop your existing knowledge and skills in energy modelling, life cycle analysis, standards and certifications and assist with the development of energy and sustainability strategies for new build and existing buildings. Over time you will be supported and encouraged to work towards further professional development, through one of our accredited training schemes.
The role will include supporting and developing some of our key work streams:
- Whole life carbon, circular economy
- Design for performance, predictive energy modelling and operational energy assessments
- Building physics, environmental modelling and analysis, AI and parametric modelling
- Planning, certification (BREEAM, LEED, NABERS) and building regulations
- Climate resilience, adaptation and regeneration
- ESG policy and strategy
- You will be educated to Masters level in Engineering, Environmental or Sustainability equivalent. Having gained relevant practical experience in a similar role, you have demonstrable knowledge and experience in one or more of the key work streams above. Knowledge of building physics (particularly in relation to heat transfer, energy, comfort criteria, CIBSE Guidance and/or other industry standards and certifications
- An in depth-knowledge of dynamic simulation software and the UK Building Regulations, including a complete understanding of the National Calculation Methodology is fundamental
- An appreciation of coding or a modern programming language is a desirable
- Given the collaborative and client focussed nature of this role, effective communication skills and some experience of using your initiative to overcome challenges are essential
Don't forget to mention EuroClimateJobs when applying.