RINA is currently recruiting for a Environmental Consultant to join its office in Genoa, Italy within the Green Energy Solutions Division.
The successful candidate will be part of the Project Financing Environmental & Social Compliance team in Genoa, Milan or Rome and will collaborate with other RINA teams globally. She/he be involved in various Environmental and Social Due diligence (ESDD) and Environmental & Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) projects.
- conduct E&S site audits and/or due diligence and report on findings
- prepare environmental sections of environmental and social impact assessment reports and relevant environmental documents to assist clients to comply with international standards
- liaise with clients supported by the project manager and line manager and support proposals preparation for Environmental and Social Due Diligence, External Monitoring, Environmental and Social Impact Assessment Studies and related specialistic studies.
- MSc or MA degree in Environmental/Chemical Engineering or Environmental Sciences, background and focus on environmental impact assessment from industrial activities
- Between 3 to 5 years of experience in similar roles
- Prior experience in ESDD, External Monitoring and ESIA for Project Financing purposes with particular focus on: Environmental Components Assessment and Compliance
- Prior experience with Environmental and Social Management Systems will be considered as a plus
- Ability in using the most common software for modeling air and noise components within environmental and social impact assessment studies will be considered a plus
- Working knowledge of international E&S standards (IFC/EBRD/WB/Equator Principles or other Lenders environmental, social, health and safety standards)
- Professional proficiency in spoken and written English, working knowledge of French or Spanish is an asset
- Flexibility to travel worldwide on shorts assignments
- MAKE EFFECTIVE DECISIONS - Structure activities according to priorities, actions, resources and constraint
- ADDRESS THE WAY - Have a big picture of different situations and reinterprete it in a perspective way
- MANAGE EMOTIONS - Recognise one's and other's emotions and express and regulate one's reactions
- CLIENT INTIMACY - Embrace internal and external client needs, expectations, and requirements to ensure maximum satisfaction
- EARN TRUST - Take everyone's opinion into account and remain open to diversity
- PROMOTE SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT - Promote commitment by keeping promises as a Role Model
- THINK FORWARD - Capitalise on experiences and translate them into action plans for the future
- PIONEER CHANGE - Actively embrace change and benefite from the new circumstances
- BUILD NETWORK - Forge trust relationships, across departments, and outside the organization
- Master’s Degree in Environmental Engineering or Chemical Engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science
Don't forget to mention EuroClimateJobs when applying.