Sales Manager PPA
London, United Kingdom
Under the management of the Power Sales Manager, the PPA Sales Manager coordinates the prospection and qualification of new customers as well as the preparation, management, and negotiation of PPA proposals. The PPA Sales Manager is responsible to coordinate the negotiation of contracts until their finalization and signature. The PPA Sales manager remains the main contact with clients and manages the relationship during the term of the PPA contract.
Proposal and contract structuring:
- Coordinate and negotiate offers for electricity consuming companies (Corporate PPA);
- Negotiate and draft contracts - Power Purchase Agreements (PPA);
- Coordinate all internal stakeholders to address the following aspects of PPA: technical (project manager), pricing (Assets and Project finance team - ASIF), legal, tax and external – the client and its advisors, lenders if necessary and any other stakeholders or parties involved;
- Negotiate any other aspects which have or will have a direct impact to the financial balance of the contract;
- Participate in the development and construction of new offers or “products”.
Business development and sales:
- Participate in the definition of the prospection strategy and the resulting action plan;
- Identify, evaluate and select renewable energy sales opportunities;
- Contact potential customers or follow up on identified opportunities;
- Identify the business needs and objectives of potential customers;
- Identify appropriate production projects: solar, wind, biomass, hydro, storage with the local development team and according to the needs of potential customers;
- Prepare and implement internal validation processes, in particular the Contract Committee procedure which validate PPAs.
- Study national rules, energy regulations and keep abreast of economic and social changes that may influence renewable projects and the electricity market;
- Participate to the development and structuring of new offers that should reflect the UK market idiosyncrasies.
- Complete and keep up to date our CRM system that allow us to prepare our KPI reporting, observe actions taken and results achieved;
- Having analysed the KPIs of the CRM system, define the corrective actions necessary such as: alternate approach, focus on different sector, change the structure of the offer, etc.
- Business school or Engineering/Economics Master’s degree;
- Interest for the energy, commodity industry and business development.
Area of knowledge:
- At least 5 years of experience in the UK power market, B2B sales or renewable sector;
- In-depth knowledge of commercial prospecting and negotiation techniques in contracts, ideally cPPAs;
- In-depth knowledge of the economic and regulatory conditions of the UK energy market;
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of MS Office;
- Fluent in English and ideally French. A 3rd language is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Team spirit;
- Strong ability to convince;
- Very good communicator;
- Interest in the renewable energy sector.
- Negotiation skills with ability to influence and convince;
- Listening skills;
- Creative and analytical;
- Highly effective verbal and written skills;
- Autonomous leader with proven ability to set priorities, unite and manage a team of colleagues and meet deadlines.
Don't forget to mention EuroClimateJobs when applying.