Sustainability Expert - Chemicals
Berlin or Home-based, Germany
This role supports the development and delivery of sustainable solutions that address key challenges that Quantis clients in the Chemicals sector face, ensuring that the proposed delivery meets clients’ needs. Your mission will be to maintain Quantis at the cutting edge of your area of expertise to maximize the quality and impact of our advice to transform our clients, and to continuously improve our offerings.
As a Sustainability Expert at Quantis you will:
- Be a subject matter expertise for Quantis in the field of Chemicals;
- Contribute to multiple client projects, including significant projects at key account level;
- Develop credible, trusted relationships with senior client project contacts;
- Support sales process on complex, significant opportunities at key accounts.
You will be successful in your role if you:
- Master Quantis offers within your expertise area (Chemicals);
- Reliably deliver error-free and insightful analyses and recommendations in challenging analytical contexts;
- Are seen as an effective team leader on projects and in the expert community.
Does this describe you and your next role?
- You’re motivated to put your technical expertise to work towards our mission of aligning businesses with Planetary Boundaries;
- For 5+ years you’ve been sharpening your skills and technical expertise in a professional setting, ideally with some experience in the consulting and private sector;
- You have a science-based orientation, and a deep intellectual and business curiosity, combined with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex information in clear, understandable ways to internal and external audiences;
- You’re able to provide subject matter expertise in Chemicals from your background in chemical engineering, in a role related to technical product or project development;
- You have experience/strong interest in working on sustainability topics in the Chemicals sector including trends such as CCU, chemical recycling, green chemistry LCA/footprinting experience would be a plus;
- You’re motivated for teamwork and supporting a team;
- You’re able to use your technical experience to provide technical support, coaching, and technical review both internally and externally;
- You get excited about guiding companies to understand and design transformative and science-based strategy;
- You have a Master’s or PhD degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering;
- You’re fluent in English. German would be plus;
- You have demonstrated the ability to coach, teach, and mentor others with your knowledge and skills, in an academic and/or corporate setting.
As a Sustainability Expert, here’s a preview of what type of work your days will include:
- Supporting project managers & strategists in understanding and implementing solutions, advising clients and reviewing project deliverables or proposals;
- Developing unique innovative solutions to address challenges related to Chemicals together with other Sustainability Experts, Project Managers and Strategists;
- Ensuring internal consistency and excellence of the Quantis approach in your expertise area;
- Identifying sustainability issues across the entire scope of complex problems in a rigorously manner;
- Communicating complex sustainability issues and opportunity for business value in clear and actionable way;
- Providing reliable proposal review;
- Proactively identifying further sales opportunities at active clients;
- Challenging an operating budget with additional services;
- Mentoring and guiding Sustainability Specialists;
- Enabling the successful delivery of projects in every stage of own work.
Don't forget to mention EuroClimateJobs when applying.