PV Project Engineer
Aquila Clean Energy Spain searches for an expert in Renewable Energy to give technical support regarding the utility scale solar PV and wind farms for the company’s portfolio in Spain. The engineer will work in the technical department giving support to other areas throughout all the phases of a project lifecycle from M&A, development, procurement, construction, commissioning, and O&M, under the supervision of the Technical Manager.
- Give technical support to Investment , Development and Construction teams.
- Outsource and review enginnering services performed by third parties.
- Participate in the tender process of equipment and services for the construction of PV plants, preparing technical specifications, comparing technically the offers of bidders and carrying out communications and clarifications with them.
- Run energy yield assessment studies of PV plants using PVSyst or similar software.
- Elaborate and review main PV plants and BESS sizing, layouts, electric diagrams and other technical documents.
- Prepare Technical Due Diligence for projects, identifying main characteristics, risks, red flags and possibilities of improvement.
- Perform site visits to the land plots and PV plants in construction.
- Map project constrains identified by ground studies, environmental and urban permits.
- Optmize PV plant design and evaluate PV plant design compliance with grid code.
- Stay up to date with PV technology specially modules, inverters, storage and monitoring.
- Higher degree in Engineering or similar.
- Knowledge of the Spanish technical regulation for electrical installations.
- At least 5 years of experience with renewable energy projects.
- Experience in engineering of solar PV plants.
- AutoCAD and PVSyst.
- Valuable familiarity with DigSilent or PSS/E, PV plant layout design software, GIS.
- High level of English.
Don't forget to mention EuroClimateJobs when applying.