We are currently looking for an experienced Consultant for our Nature team. For this role we are looking for someone who would like to apply their knowledge and experience to help businesses solve key challenges relating to nature and climate.
We are looking for someone with strong experience in consulting and project management, ideally in sustainability. You should be comfortable with external-facing client engagements, have a passion for digesting the latest developments in the fields of biodiversity and agriculture and placing them in the context in which we work. You should have a keen sense for relationship building and business communication. A strong understanding of systems thinking and sustainability concepts are key.
You should see yourself:
- Leading the assessment of business impacts and dependencies on nature;
- Making convincing cases for how companies and other stakeholders can take action;
- Keeping up to speed with developments in global biodiversity and agricultural policy;
- Growing relationships with clients, leading project teams, and managing key accounts;
- Developing further opportunities for Metabolic;
- Mentoring & supervising colleagues at Metabolic and contributing to team innovation.
Project Execution ±70%:
- Manage various types of projects, from impact assessments, to capitals assessments, developing integrated nature and climate strategies for agrifood companies;
- Lead project teams and provide expert input;
- Work closely with our analysts to direct their work and derive insights;
- Work with our communications lead to create high impact deliverables, communicate and develop visuals and messaging in a way that empowers our clients to take action;
- Ensure projects are run according to timeline, budget, and quality and ambition standards;
- Responsible for supervision and guidance of junior members of the team within project work.
Other Responsibilities ±30%
- Maintain and contribute to key relationships and strategic partnerships;
- Keeping up to speed with frameworks such as SBTN and TNFD;
- Represent Metabolic in networks, events and programs;
- Contribute to business and impact strategy development;
- Work with other internal stakeholders to support service and process innovation;
- Mentor junior colleagues and support their development.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Driven, curious, and a team player;
- 3+ years of experience in project management or sustainability consulting with a corporate engagement focus;
- Education to the level of Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in a relevant business, environment, or sustainability-focused field, OR strong relevant demonstrable experience in project management and consulting;
- Demonstrated experience of working with key approaches such as systems thinking, corporate impact assessments, climate and nature topics, stakeholder management;
- Demonstrated experience in developing and pitching sustainability strategies;
- Experience and passion for relationship building and account management;
- Strong strategic and critical thinking skills with the ability to draw conclusions from quantitative and qualitative information;
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills;
- Fluency in English required, additional languages are an advantage;
- For non-EU/EEA applicants: The role is dependent upon obtaining a visa to live and work in the Netherlands. Metabolic is a recognised visa sponsor and may support the successful candidate’s application for a work visa.
Don't forget to mention EuroClimateJobs when applying.