Head of Business Development
EURELECTRIC - Union of the Electricity Industry
Speaking for more than 3500 utilities Eurelectric represents the full value chain of the European electricity industry in Brussels and beyond. Our priorities revolve around the full decarbonisation of the power sector, the deployment of electric solutions to decarbonise other parts of the economy and the need to ensure a fair energy transition.
- Develop and lead strategies for building and sustaining relationships with Eurelectric's 50+ Business Associate Members;
- Develop and deliver high-quality services to the Business Members, including sponsorship packages and marketing deals at and around Eurelectric events;
- Develop and manage partnerships and stakeholder relations with associations and 3rd parties aligning with Eurelectric's vision;
- Strategise and seek business opportunities in the electricity sector - proven negotiation skills and experience in capturing market trends are key aspects of this position.
- Management of the Business Development Team - setting objectives, responsibilities, KPls and tracking team's performance;
- Responsibility over all business revenues - business membership, events, publications, partnerships, sponsorships, business hubs etc.;
- Oversee the Business Associates' acquisition and retention strategies:
- Analyse current Business Associates base to identify opportunities, target new leads, secure new business members and retain existing;
- Track progress and analyse success scenarios via CRM;
- Work closely with policy department and key Partners to nurture relations and improve business services.
- Follow the latest electricity industry trends, stay informed on utility business opportunities and value stream needs;
- Oversee the implementation of all business hubs, their annual planning, business plans and engagement with third parties;
- Develop business plans for events, campaigns and Knowledge Partnership projects;
- Promote the Eurelectric brand and business opportunities among all stakeholders and across a variety of online networks, especially via LinkedIn and X;
- Attend and represent Eurelectric at international conferences, meetings, and industry events.
Requirements and competencies:
- University degree with minimum 4 years of professional experience in sales, marketing, business development, management consulting or similar; experience in team management is a plus;
- In-depth understanding of the European power sector, its business models and opportunities, its stakeholders and market trends;
- Basic understanding of the EU political processes; knowledge about energy policies is a plus;
- Excellent organisational skills, with emphasis on goal setting, tracking progress and respecting deadlines;
- Excellent prospecting, persuasion, negotiation and closing skills;
- Ability and permission to work in Belgium in-person and commit to business trips on a regular basis.
The post is available as soon as possible.
Please submit your application, including a CV and motivation letter (quoting "ref. HBD") to firstname.lastname@example.org by 04 December 2023.
Attn. Giuseppina Rondinelli, HR Manager, Tel +32(0)471813802.
Don't forget to mention EuroClimateJobs when applying.