Solar Renewable Energy Consultant
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Our Solar Renewable Energy Consultant (RECs) will undertake specific tasks relating to the delivery of a portfolio of due diligence assignments for Solar PV projects at the direction of the project manager and or team leaders.
This will enable the assessment of large scale Solar PV projects on behalf of our clients. Through a collaborative approach with multi-discipline teams, the RECs will project manage and support with the production of a professional and detailed report exacting the client’s requirements.
The breadth of work across our business will provide you with an opportunity to work across a wide range of projects, expanding your knowledge and expertise within the renewables and energy transition sector.
As part of your development, you will be assigned a mentor from within the renewables business having the opportunity to learn directly from an expert within their field.
- Assessing Solar PV projects on behalf of lenders, investors, and other project stakeholders;
- Working within multi-disciplinary teams of engineers and other technical staff in the completion of due diligence assignments, under the direction and supervision of project managers;
- Attending client meetings and undertaking site visits within the UK and globally;
- Author and complete report sections within project deadlines, and scope requirements;
- Support the development of proposals to secure new work.
You may read these details and are potentially thinking about not applying due to not having every single skill, knowledge or experience listed, and that’s understandable. However, we’d still like to hear from you.. At Wood, we understand and acknowledge that everyone is different, and we are committed to equal opportunities and want to access all of the talent that is out there. We are committed to attracting a broad range of skills, knowledge and experiences and embrace differences. So even if you feel you don’t have everything listed, but feel you have some of the experience, knowledge or skills to help us unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges….do apply.
- Educated to degree level in Engineering, Science or another subject complementary to working in due diligence;
- Understanding of the technical aspects of renewable energy infrastructure projects;
- Working knowledge of Solar PV projects;
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal);
- Demonstrably strong report writing skills;
- Competent user of Microsoft Office365 products;
- A flexible and proactive approach to project delivery;
- Reliability and good organisational skills.
- MSc in Renewable Energy (or similar) with specified Solar Modules;
- Awareness of the requirements of technical due diligence on infrastructure projects or in a team on an infrastructure project or supply chain (commercial management, contract negotiation, contract management, permitting, procurement);
- Experience in the development, construction, and operation of Solar PV infrastructure projects;
- Understanding of commercial aspects of Solar PV projects, including project finance;
- Understanding of categorisation and mitigation of risk;
- Ability to speak a second language;
- Driving licence.
Don't forget to mention EuroClimateJobs when applying.