Senior Renewable Energy Consultant
Our Senior Renewable Energy Consultants (SRECs) project manage a portfolio of due diligence assignments, assessing renewable energy projects on behalf of our clients. Through a collaborative approach with multi-discipline teams, the SREC will produce a professional and detailed report exacting the client’s requirements.
As the SREC you will be the main focal, ensuring any challenges that arise are dealt with directly and developing strong relationships to play a part in the successful financing of the project, and continued growth for the Renewables business.
We have a library of training material for advisory services and a companywide Energy Transition academy. As an expert in your field, you can join these communities and share your knowledge across the business supporting in securing a future generation of experts.
As well as this you will have the opportunity to mentor and support with the development of other consultants within the team, ensuring the knowledge and experience you have is shared to support in the future growth of the team and industry.
- Assess renewable energy projects on behalf of lenders, investors and other project stakeholders;
- Manage multi-discipline teams of engineers (and other technical staff) in the completion of due diligence assignments for exacting clients;
- In the role of Project Manager:
- Act as main interface and manage the relationship with clients;
- Manage the financial performance of projects your projects;
- Deliver tasks on time, to budget and to the required standard;
- Comply with internal systems and processes for project management governance.
- Attend client meetings and undertake site visits within Europe and globally;
- Represent the company at conferences and seminars in order to enhance personal knowledge and/or establish business development leads;
- Follow up on leads to generate fresh work;
- Assist graduate engineers and less experienced team members;
- Ensure continuing professional development.
You may read these details and are potentially thinking about not applying due to not having every single skill, knowledge or experience listed, and that’s understandable. However, we’d still like to hear from you. At Wood, we understand and acknowledge that everyone is different, and we are committed to equal opportunities and want to access all of the talent that is out there. We are committed to attracting a broad range of skills, knowledge and experiences and embrace differences. So even if you feel you don’t have everything listed, but feel you have some of the experience, knowledge or skills to help us unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges….do apply.
- Educated to degree level in engineering, law, finance or another subject complementary to working in due diligence;
- Demonstrable project management experience;
- Understanding of technical aspects of renewable energy infrastructure projects;
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal in English) are essentail;
- Demonstrably strong report writing skills;
- Competent user of Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Expert knowledge within at least one of the following; Offshore or onshore Wind and Solar;
- Experience in conducting technical due diligence on infrastructure projects or in a team on an infrastructure project or supply chain (commercial management, contract negotiation, contract management, permitting, procurement).
- Understanding of commercial aspects of renewable energy infrastructure projects (including project finance);
- Understanding of categorisation and mitigation of risk;
- Ability to speak a second language;
- Driving licence;
- Experience in the development, construction and operation of onshore or offshore wind energy projects;
- Awareness of financial analysis/modelling.
Don't forget to mention EuroClimateJobs when applying.