Photovoltaic Studies Engineer
Milan or Rome, Italy
Given the rapid growth of our business unit in Italy, we are hiring a Photovoltaic Studies Engineer.
As a Studies Engineer, you will be part of the technical team and will participate in two main states of PV plants projects. In the first instance, carry out preliminary engineering assessment for permit submission and in a more advanced stage, carry out detailed engineering for the executive design of the PV plants.
Carry out preliminary technical studies for photovoltaic installations:
- Carry out the preliminary technical studies for permit submission and generate the technical deliverables (PV plant layout with the support of a draftsman, yield assessment, slope analysis, preliminary selection and sizing of equipment, costing estimation)
- Carry out technical due diligence for M&A deal and technical assessments for internal projects
During the detailed studies, in a more advanced stage of the project you will also carry out the following missions:
- Carry out complete technical studies of photovoltaic installations
- Design: site assessment, selection and sizing of equipment, layouts production with the support of a draughtsman, investment costing, production of study reports, production of several technical deliverables in compliance of quality standards and local norms
- Actively contribute to the evaluation and selection of consultants and advisors (topographer, geotechnician, hydrologist, external engineering, etc) and coordinate their interventions with the rest of the project teams and the other third parties (landowners, public bodies, etc.)
- Integrating the outcome of the external surveys in the design of the PV plant
- Exchange information with the other departments involved in the project (development project manager, construction manager, Purchasing department, etc.)
- Contribute to the improvement of internal processes and practices of technical department
Development of methods:
- Investigations and sensitivity studies to guide/assist decision on the standard configurations implemented on photovoltaic projects
- Contribution to the drafting and sharing of methods, instructions and guides relating to the design of photovoltaic projects
Overall your mission will be to contribute to the achievement of the company objectives in terms of pipeline growth and reaching of the RTB status of the projects.
- Master’s degree with a technical background or engineering degree in Energy or Electricity
- +2 years’ experience within PV (or wind) developer or engineering company
- An experience in electrical circuits or AgroPV would be appreciated
- Ability to deal with a variety of technical subjects related to solar technologies
- Good team player and excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Result oriented and motivation to participate in the conquest of new market positions
- Ability to work in a structured corporate environment and to comply with internal processes
- English fluent
Don't forget to mention EuroClimateJobs when applying.