GE Renewable Energy
The role will interact with a network of sustainability leaders across the other GE Vernova businesses and align with GE Corporate as needed.
The Sustainability role will support Power Transmissions’ growth strategy and drive impact by leading and shaping our approach to ensure Sustainability is built even more strongly into our commercial offer and partnerships with our customers. The candidate will have global exposure both internally and externally and work across all functions and business lines to evolve the strategy and sustainability competences of our ~7000 employees. Power Transmissions operates across 70 countries and have equipped 90% of the world’s power transmission utilities. We offer products and services essential for the energy transition, enabling decarbonization and access to new renewable energy while ensuring reliability, resiliency, and efficiency of the grid. Our customers are grid operators worldwide, many of which with strong Sustainability commitments across the full spectrum of ESG, and as a major supplier and partner we are compelled and committed to support them in meeting their goals. The Sustainability Leader has a critical role to ensure we do so with robust programs, data and documentation, and fostering strong partnership and collaboration with relevant stakeholders across our value chain.
Lead global Sustainability strategy and implementation for Power Transmissions in collaboration with key functional and business line partners worldwide, directly aligned to meeting commercial requirements and boosting business value generation.
- Develop Power Transmissions’ company-wide ESG & Sustainability strategy, building on existing programs and frameworks and developing future fit approach in close alignment with customer and regulatory requirements;
- Build and secure approval of holistic resource plan to cover short, medium, and longer-term strategic goals;
- Lead engagement with Regions and relevant functions such as EHS, Sourcing, Engineering, HR, Communications, and Finance to operationalize Sustainability strategy and governance with appropriate ESG policies and Sustainability KPIs;
- Establish rhythm for report out to leadership and facilitate global ESG leadership committees and decision-making bodies;
- Work directly with customers in long term partnerships, building trust and representing Power Transmissions’ Sustainability interests and contributions to the commercial relationship and value creation;
- Monitor and ‘translate’ external ESG requirements relevant to Power Transmissions to leadership and other stakeholders, and catalyze action as needed to ensure an all time compliant and relevant position;
- Oversee Power Transmissions Sustainability data process and consolidation and feed to relevant business needs, e.g. commercial teams and Vernova level/GE ESG reporting;
- Lead training and Sustainability awareness initiatives with relevant functions, to foster employee engagement and develop a true Sustainability culture across Power Transmissions;
- Represent Power Transmissions’ Sustainability position in relevant external networks and events;
- Overseeing and managing budget, consultancy support and trainees as needed.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Master’s degree in business management, Sustainability, environmental engineering or other academic field from an accredited college or university discipline;
- Minimum 10yrs experience leading ESG & Sustainability programs and operationalization – translating strategy into tangible action and impact - from an international organization, preferably in an industrial and manufacturing space;
- Strong knowledge of climate, circularity and social frameworks and trends relevant for a global industrial business in the energy sector;
- Solid knowledge of relevant reporting and regulatory requirements in the ESG space and experience with leading internal and external reporting processes and stakeholder engagement;
- Independent, self-directed, collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Strong analytical and strategic mind-set. Ability to navigate complexity, develop clear actions, drive impact, and quickly move from details to the holistic view and vice versa;
- Experience with navigating a global, multi-stakeholder matrix organization, engaging very different colleagues and stakeholders and effectively influence for impact;
- Experience and demonstrated track record of reporting out to senior leadership and driving sustainability education and awareness;
- Perfect command of the English language and it’s an advantage if you speak French and/or Dutch;
- Ability to occasionally travel to meet customers and other stakeholders.
Don't forget to mention EuroClimateJobs when applying.