Senior Environmental Scientist
Dublin or Cork, Ireland
Based in our Cork office the ideal candidate will be looking to further their career and gaining valuable experience across a wide range of interesting projects, within a friendly working environment. In particular, experience in co-ordinating EIA and statutory consent applications for the renewable energy sector would be a distinct advantage. You would be part of an environmental team working on high profile and topical projects such as Bus Connects Core Bus Corridor Dublin EIAR, Greenlink Interconnector EIAR and DART Coastal EIAR.
This is a permanent role in a very experienced team which offers the successful candidate
- Excellent opportunities for continued learning, diversification of skills (particularly in the climate change/sustainability sector) and career development
- Excellent knowledge of environmental and planning legislation is essential
- Ability to work well in teams, work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Strong technical report writing skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- Leading and managing multi-disciplinary projects across a wide range of sectors
- Client relationship management and business development activities
- Line management, mentoring and career development of junior staff
- Commercial management
- Preparation and peer review of technical reports
- Managing the stakeholder consultation process
- EIA (Environmental Impact Assessment) experience required
- Relevant Third Degree (Level 8 or higher)
- Several years post qualification experience, most of which will have been gained within a planning or environmental consultancy area, preferably in environmental assessment of renewable energy projects.
- Membership of a professional body, having obtained or working towards chartership
Don't forget to mention EuroClimateJobs when applying.