Vice President - Financial Planning and Analysis
CIP - Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners
Are you ambitious, curious and would like to take lead on building a new financial powerhouse within FP&A for a global leader in renewable energy infrastructure investments? If so, then Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners might be the right place for you. We are looking for a Vice President to join Financial Planning and Analysis team.
CIP is currently on a growth journey with the ambitious goal of reaching EUR 100bn under management by 2030. This journey means moving from being a fund manager into an asset manager with several new advanced financial products in the pipeline. Your main responsibilities will be to build a new financial competence center within FP&A, where you will spearhead the assessment of all potential new products related to all financial aspects whether being valuation, risk assessment, other financial considerations, and fair value reporting.
You will work closely with the Business Development/Investor Relations team and be their trusted “financial advisor”. You will be the FP&A team’s “financial wizard” that can help Investor Relations or FP&A with relevant financial analysis, e.g. how CIP’s products can contribute to the investor’s portfolio and how the return compares to relevant alternatives such as PME, etc. You will also perform risk analysis and stress test CIP liquid and illiquid portfolio models as well as individual assets through different risk factors (interest rate, liquidity, etc.). Furthermore, you will lead and participate in various ad hoc analysis and also, contribute to rethink processes and bring new perspectives to challenge the current workstreams. The FP&A team is based in Copenhagen.
Responsibilities will consist of, but not limited to:
- Build a financial powerhouse with best-in-class competence within alternative investments;
- Lead the interaction with Investor Relations/Business Development and the assessment of new advanced financial products both liquid and illiquid instruments (funds, derivatives, etc.);
- Be the “financial wizard” in terms of financial and risk analysis;
- Responsible for the financial analysis and fair value reporting process of new financial products;
- Manage a small team (a sub team of FP&A) of highly skilled, motivated, and proactive employees with strong financial competences;
- Develop expert understanding of CIPs funds, their return and risk profiles;
- Coordinating and reviewing analysis and communication material for decision making on a senior management level as well as high quality reporting to investors on investments’ financial performance.
We are looking for a candidate with a strong academic background within mathematics, finance, economics or similar, combined with several years of work experience from a pension fund, a private equity fund or financial institution. You would typically be sitting in a portfolio construction team, a risk department, an investment or sales team within a larger institutional investor or asset manager.
We look for the following in a candidate:
- Holistic portfolio view with an asset manager approach processing excellent mathematical and financial skills;
- Excellent understanding of financial modelling, risk modelling and valuation skills with the ability to understand mechanics of different financial products;
- Experience with both illiquid and liquid markets, especially alternative investments and derivatives;
- Knowledge of how an investment and risk manager thinks and what is important to consider (e.g. when doing a sales pitch);
- Action oriented and thrives with the challenge of a complex financial/mathematical problem;
- A delivery focused and task oriented robust professional capable of carrying complex business processes through to completion and comfortable interacting with company executives;
- Ability to navigate and thrive in a fast-paced international environment is a must, as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills are key as you will work with senior stakeholders around the world;
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills, as well as deep knowledge and understanding of financial instruments;
- Experience from managing a small team, where you have demonstrated strong leadership skills is an advantage, but not a prerequisite.
Don't forget to mention EuroClimateJobs when applying.