Energy Project Manager
About the job:
We are looking for an Energy Project Manager with a passion for developing innovative and sustainable energy management solutions for our planned Gigafactory in Heide.
You will be responsible for the design of our holistic Utility Ecosystem (mainly energy) at our factory site in Heide. This includes combining technical, commercial and regulatory aspects in order to achieve a sustainable, cost effective and compliant solutions. We aim to include on-site generation, local generation, energy storage, heat recovery and heats pumps as well a global wholesale contracts to optimize our energy solution. This role is a key contributor to make our planned Gigafactory as environmentally friendly and cost efficient as potentially possible.
You will initially be involved in the design phase and later follow the project into full operation. In order to succeed you will work in close cooperation with other experts in the German team and consultants as well as the Green Energy team at group level. You will be reporting to our Sr Director Strategy & Corporate Development.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design & govern overall utility strategy (mainly energy) and energy efficiency components (on-site generation, local generation, energy storage, heat recovery and heats pumps).
- Design & govern utility flows (electricity, heat, water, wastewater, etc.) on site (ISBL) being closely connected to the Project Manager Utilities being responsible for the design and execution.
- Set up intelligent Energy Management System for total Gigafactory (incl. development of digital twin/virtual energy factory) to optimize resource efficiency.
- Conduct potential partner market analysis and engage with partners, suppliers and consultants relevant for the design and implementation of the targeted solution.
- Perform due diligences on feasibility of integrating energy efficiency projects.
- Ensure linkage into site masterplan and to infrastructure projects (Grid connection, Design of substation, etc.).
- End-to-end responsibility for energy efficiency projects from concept design to implementation.
- Align technical, commercial and regulatory framework impacting our design criteria’s with colleagues in Northvolt Germany, the green energy team, and other relevant departments.
Skills & Requirements:
We believe that you have:
- Master's degree or above within a technical field (Thermodynamics, Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Renewable Energy Engineering or similar).
- 5+ years professional experience in the energy field, energy engineering or energy intense industries working on large scale projects on energy efficiency programs.
- Experience from setting up new large scale greenfield industrial projects, preferably in Germany.
- Experience from designing complex energy solutions combining different technologies.
- Strong project management and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and cross functionally, as well as independently.
- Excellent English and good German, both written and oral skills.
Bonus points for:
- Fluency in other languages (Japanese, Swedish, Chinese, French).
- Experience from a multi-cultural environment.
Don't forget to mention EuroClimateJobs when applying.