Strategy Manager, Sustainable Finance
This role reports into the Sustainable Finance Platform, Systemiq’s fastest growing platform. The sustainable. The financial system could be one of the most important levers of transformative change – but only if we rapidly scale investment in climate-aligned, regenerative and circular business models. To capture new opportunities, overcome systemic risks and build a more resilient economy, we need a fundamental transformation in how and what we finance. To do this, we:
- Advise financial institutions … to future-proof portfolios;
- Develop, launch and scale investment vehicles … to mainstream high-impact solutions;
- Connect investors to high-impact projects … to reduce transaction costs;
- Scale financial innovation … to deploy capital more catalytically;
- Build capacity in mission-critical sectors and geographies … to accelerate new business models;
- Convene leaders from business, finance, govt & development … to overcome investment barriers;
- Empower policymakers … to green the financial system and modernise development finance;
- Partner with new platforms … to accelerate the transition to a more sustainable economy.
The role of the Strategy Manager - Sustainable Finance
As a Strategy Manager, you will be instrumental in leading on key projects in the Sustainable Finance platform, with an initial focus (2023) on the intersect between Sustainable Finance and the Built Environment. Real estate represents the biggest asset class and the largest single driver of emissions in the real economy. And yet many asset owners and managers are still trying to figure out a way to get started on the journey of bringing the sector to net-zero. You will work in highly collaborative project team set ups and work with complex multi-stakeholder relationships across the private sector, governments, NGOs, and industry bodies. You will input into workstreams that draw expertise from around the organisation and amongst external partners. You will have ample opportunity to introduce and own your own workstreams within the Sustainable Finance and Built Environment space. As such, we are looking for someone who has experience in operating across a range of sectors and the ability to work on fast moving corporate advisory projects and longer-term coalition pieces of work.
More specifically, the role will involve:
- Delivering on strategic advisory projects within the Sustainable Finance platform, with a focus on the built environment and real estate for at least the remainder of 2023;
- Engaging with multiple stakeholders across the investment universe and real estate value chain – building consensus around a vision for net zero for the sector, as well how to operationalize this in key investment decisions;
- Co-create approaches with our partners/clients to overcome the perceived trade-offs between cost of built environment decarbonization, financial upside, risk;
- Helping to scale the fastest growing platform in Systemiq, working alongside the platform leadership.
The Mindset, Skills & Experience we are looking for:
- 5-7 years professional experience in relevant fields: (advisory/consulting, strategy, thought leadership/research, project management, investment);
- 2+ years operating in a strategic advisory role;
- Experience formally managing teams;
- Exceptional problem solving, analytical and structuring skills with high level of comfort & enthusiasm for delivering intuitive presentations of complex data;
- [strongly preferred] Experience working with real estate investors, and familiarity with the built environment value chain;
- Understanding of key concepts and contexts within the topic area of sustainable finance, urban environment, industry, energy, or agriculture/land use;
- Intellectual and commercial curiosity with an interest to quickly dive into new topics;
- Collaborative team player and can-do attitude;
- Evidenced passion for SYSTEMIQ's mission and the sustainability/environment/social enterprise space;
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to identify opportunities and new initiatives and to turn them into reality;
- Resilience under stress and resourcefulness to deliver;
- Alignment with SYSTEMIQ's values (creativity, challenge, collaborate, change, care).
Don't forget to mention EuroClimateJobs when applying.