Head of Ecology
About this opportunity
We are looking for a highly dynamic and motivated Ecologist to lead the national ecology team. This is an opportunity to shape and grow the ecology team as part of the wider Ecus company. We are looking for an ambitious individual who will put Ecus at the forefront of the ever evolving environmental consultancy industry.
This unique opportunity needs someone with vision, entrepreneurial flair, and technical expertise to continue developing our ecological sustainability offering in the marketplace. Our current team of over 80 ecologists is continuing to evolve as we diversify our services across multiple sectors.
The ideal candidate will have strong commercial acumen and entrepreneurial vision needed to take ownership of the development and growth of this business unit. You will have the proven technical and managerial experience to join the Ecus leadership team to help manage the wider company.
We would like to see you manage complex projects and bring an impressive array of technical skills and experience across a wide range of ecological disciplines. To do this, we believe the following are required:
- An undergraduate degree preferably a post-graduate qualification in a relevant subject; or interested in working towards (we support the professional development of all employees and always appreciate the opportunity to help our people progress)
- Previous experience leading ecology teams within the UKA track record of P&L responsibility, shaping teams to suit the markets and clients
- A successful track record delivering projects on time and to budgetInnovative and proactive, continually looking at better ways of delivering traditional services and shaping the team to be prepared for market requirements in 3 to 5 years
- Demonstratable success in winning and managing large-scale complex projects
- Strong prioritisation and organisation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- A great team player with the ability to integrate quickly and engage other technical specialists within the business
- A desire to develop and grow a high-performing team
Don't forget to mention EuroClimateJobs when applying.