Associate Consultant, Environmental Impact Accounting
London or Amsterdam
The goal of the Associate is to support the implementation of international, regional and local projects, the preparation of proposals and the development of new products for the corporate sectors. This includes a variety of tasks such as research, information analysis and writing deliverables and proposals on greenhouse gas (GHG) accounting services and climate change mitigation solutions. You will contribute to supporting project teams with medium-sized and large mandates and will also be expected to manage small projects yourself.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Support with or lead the preparation and completion of proposals/deliverables for the corporate sector on greenhouse gas (GHG) accounting services and climate change mitigation solutions, including both technical and administrative requirements, to the level of quality required by South Pole for our international, regional and local clients;
- Manage small projects, including interacting with the client and the project team;
- Ensure assigned tasks/projects are delivered on time and within the available budget;
- Manage project information and knowledge according to our project management best practices;
- Support with the development and improvement of specialised skills, tools and knowledge linked to the topics and services offered by South Pole;
- Support business development activities through desktop research and developing materials to be shared with possible clients and partners;
- The topics of engagement will focus on GHG accounting and disclosure, plastics footprint and water footprint. Occasionally, some projects might extend to additional corporate sustainability topics such as climate change mitigation, Science Based Targets (SBTs), materiality assessment, and Life Cycle Analysis (LCA).
- University degree, ideally in Environmental Sciences or Engineering, Economics or other sustainability-related disciplines;
- Relevant knowledge of environmental sustainability challenges in multinational companies;
- Relevant work experience in sustainability consulting or a related field, including specific consultancy experience for corporate clients in the following areas: GHG accounting in line with best practice methodologies;
- Ability to conduct research tasks, analyse and summarise data;
- Ability to manage small projects in a multi-stakeholder and multi-geographies context;
- Good writing skills, with the ability to create high-quality written documents (proposals and deliverables);
- Ability to interact effectively with clients, collaborators or other relevant stakeholders;
- Autonomous yet collaborative approach to work;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English.
- Practical experience in sustainability/climate change strategy development; energy efficiency/ GHG management; climate change scenario analysis and risk and opportunity assessment (for either/both of physical and transition risks and in line with TCFD); and stakeholder engagement and change management;
- A Master’s degree will be an advantage;
- Strong analytical skills and mindset;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good working knowledge of all Google Suite applications and MS Word;
- Diligent, reliable and proactive;
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment;
- Good prioritisation and time management skills;
- Proficiency in another local language.
Don't forget to mention EuroClimateJobs when applying.