Kings Langley, United Kingdom
As part of the UK&I Commercial Team you will:
- Lead renewable energy transactions such as project sales or PPAs from initiation to conclusion;
- Own and/or oversee complex financial and commercial analysis and deliver accurate and timely results to enable good decision making;
- Provide commercial leadership across RES' UK&I activities and take on line-management in the UK&I Commercial team.
Job Summary/Key Responsibilities
Transactions (sales, acquisitions, etc.)
- Leading on delivery of commercial transactions in the UK and Ireland region across project sales and acquisitions. Project by project, establishing early and trust-based relationships with key internal teams, e.g., Development and Legal. Originating transactions, creating value-optimised structures and negotiating to conclusion.
- Operating and auditing financial models for project, asset & company valuations (Excel-based or using RES' proprietary Global Economic Model system);
- Challenging the assumptions used in financial modelling. Driving the analysis to produce insightful output which support decision-making.
Routes to market
- Leading origination and negotiation of PPAs;
- Devising and delivering competitive bidding strategies (bilateral or auction);
- Supporting management of offtaker relationships.
- Leading commercial input into business strategy production: understanding and managing internal client needs and delivery to them, researching and producing market, strategic and competitor analysis across several business streams simultaneously, driving market/competitor analysis to generate valuable insights, overseeing input from junior team members.
- Supporting the management of investor relationships and maintaining a network of investor contacts.
Other opportunities and analysis
- Providing strategic/commercial input on Thrive (cost reduction) and other value-adding initiatives;
- Providing commercial analysis for new sites, life extension, repowering, construction, asset management, operations, acquisition and/or new business opportunities.
Policy and regulation
- Supporting on engagement with government and regulatory bodies by helping understand the financial and commercial impact of policy decisions.
Team management and coaching
- Providing line management and coaching to analysts in the Commercial team and mentorship across the wider business.
- Ensuring excellence in the implementation of team processes;
- Leading team process definition and improvement activities.
- Excellent understanding of the electricity market in the UK and Ireland.
- An excellent appreciation of the different renewable technologies and business models.
- A good network of contacts in the renewables industry.
- Understanding of the contractual structures and principles used in project transactions and PPAs.
- Originating, negotiating and transacting sales and/or acquisitions.
Routes to market
- Originating, negotiating and closing PPAs and other routes to market.
Financial modelling and other analysis
- Experience using analytical techniques, discounted cashflow modelling and valuations.
- Line management and coaching.
- Experience in project management & delivering on multiple competing deadlines.
- Broad range of commercial and technical skills including an understanding of energy value chain economics, financial evaluation process, business case preparation and interpreting complex data.
Modelling and analysis
- Excellent numeracy and analytic ability along with attention to detail;
- Strong understanding of financial concepts, e.g., discounted cash-flow models;
- Strong Excel/modelling skills, with experience in financial modelling.
- Excellent communication skills to represent RES credibly and clearly in meetings with clients, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders.
- Ability to negotiate commercial deals which optimise risk/reward and deliver best value for RES.
- Excellent organisational skills to meet demanding timescales on several simultaneous activities.
- Educated to at least degree level in a numerate or business subject;
- Professional qualifications are desirable, though not necessary.
Don't forget to mention EuroClimateJobs when applying.