Based in Sofia, Bulgaria, the Senior Originator will be responsible for identifying business development opportunities in the Bulgarian electricity and natural gas markets, expanding Axpo’s client network in the country and structuring, pricing, negotiating and closing both short-term and long-term transactions with Axpo’s origination clients, including corporate and industrial consumers, electricity and natural gas producers, wholesale counter-parties and independent retailers.
What you will do
- Build, develop and manage a portfolio of local origination clients (industrial clients, retailers, producers, wholesale counter parties, corporations);
- Identify and pursue diverse commercial opportunities, negotiate and close origination transactions in the electricity and natural gas markets including, for example:
- Provision of hedging services to clients for standard and non-standard products;
- Short-term and long-term PPAs;
- Route-to-market and balancing services for renewable energy producers;
- Market access services;
- Energy supply to end users; and
- Trading of Guarantees of Origin.
- Present transactions and market opportunities to senior managers for approval;
- Work closely with legal and credit departments;
- Stay informed about regulatory changes and market developments;
- Coordination with different control functions and external consultants in order to reduce local compliance risks;
- Maintains interface with control functions in Baden, Switzerland (market risk, credit risk ,etc.) as well as other originators and portfolio managers.
What you bring & who you are
- You have several years of professional experience in origination or in a similar area of activity;
- You have a University Degree in economics, engineering or other relevant;
- You have an in-depth understanding of gas, power, and other commodity markets, as well as knowledge about the relevant systems and legislation;
- You are able to build and leverage new and existing relationships with decision-makers and customers;
- You are able to understand and explain structured products;
- You have the ability to collaborate and network with internal specialists from various departments, such as: risk management portfolio management, origination, scheduling, operations and legal;
- You have excellent presentation skills and are able to handle several key customers at the same time;
- You are fluent in English.
Don't forget to mention EuroClimateJobs when applying.