Glasgow, United Kingdom
Your New Role
Success and rapid growth have created an opportunity to join European Energy UK Limited´s business as Development Director, reporting directly to the company’s Country Manager. The UK Development Director is responsible for securing and developing a portfolio of onshore wind projects in the UK market to the ready-to-build (RTB) stage.
European Energy UK Limited has an interest in solar and power-to-x projects, and opportunities exist to collaborate in these areas. Liaising with other internal stakeholders locally and in the parent company, the Development Director will also follow projects through construction and into operations providing support and expertise in relevant areas. This individual will also undertake Director duties for project SPV:s and European Energy UK. It is expected, that through the success of this role, the Development Director will grow a team and portfolio to deliver a pipeline of greenfield projects to achieve ready-to-build status in the next 5-7 years, in addition to earlier RTB projects through partnership or other market opportunities.
The Development Director will be commercially focussed, identifying risks and opportunities during the construction phase, and supporting the EPC Team to ensure that projects are delivered according to planning consent and investment case until successful handover to the Asset Management team.
Areas of Responsibilities
- QSHE – support and contribute to a strong culture of safety; prioritize quality, health, safety, and environment; ensure our QSHE values flow through all aspects of project identification and development; adopt a mindset of continuous improvement and transparent reporting on all aspects of QSHE both internally and with project partners and stakeholders;
- Lead origination activities for onshore wind sites, setting out a development strategy to meet strategic objectives;
- Ensure all projects will achieve minimum key financial metrics at RTB;
- Continuously monitor the status of opportunities and risks to identify work streams and prioritize projects and activities;
- Secure all necessary permits and agreements to deliver ready-to-build projects;
- Working with the in-house communications team, lead public and political stakeholder engagement to deliver a positive consenting environment.
- You have a relevant bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Law, Land Property, Planning or related Environmental discipline;
- You have +5 years of relevant experience within the renewable energy industry, preferably working in onshore wind;
- You are fluent in English, both verbally and in writing;
- You can work remotely and independently and be self-motivated within a supportive and collaborative company;
- You have a proactive and diligent approach;
- You can balance risk in the context of time and cost pressure;
- You have a determined and action-oriented attitude;
- You can seek out new contacts and maintain good relationships.
Don't forget to mention EuroClimateJobs when applying.