Power System Protection & Connections Senior Consultant
Manchester, United Kingdom
A key member for our growing Power Systems team, providing technical studies input and leadership on a range of projects involving UK and international clients. The work will focus on delivery of power systems analysis services for distribution, transmission and conventional/renewable generation projects around the world.
The Senior Consultant will provide technical input into multiple projects and will also lead project teams, providing training and support to RINA colleagues where appropriate, and liaise with team leaders to ensure effective resource allocation and project delivery.
- Provide technical input and leadership on a variety of projects for distribution and transmission networks, renewable energy and grid integration, including: Power system planning, grid connection studies, protection and substation design;
- Contribute towards the submission of high quality bids and proposals to existing and potential clients;
- Network at all levels within RINA, client organisations and other external bodies as applicable;
- Represent RINA to clients at bid presentations and project presentations;
- Interact and present at industry conferences, seminars and other networking events where appropriate;
- Manage projects and project teams for small and medium-sized projects, including resource management, progress tracking, monitoring of costs and variations, invoicing support, and client liaison;
- Work as part of an engineering consultancy team with junior and senior colleagues, and collaborate with other RINA teams to deliver multi-faceted projects.
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Systems or other relevant technical discipline;
- Hold Chartered Engineer status, or be working towards it.
- Possess a thorough understanding of power system theory;
- Possess an understanding of transmission and distribution grids (LV to 400 kV) around the world, grid code requirements and industry accepted practices and grid connection processes;
- Knowledge of Laplace controller models and their operation;
- Knowledge of HV equipment and substation design;
- Highly experienced in a power systems engineering environment;
- Track record on static and dynamic power system studies;
- Track record in design and specification of HV substation equipment would be an advantage;
- Experience of engineering consultancy would be an advantage;
- Have previous exposure and a proven track record in business development activities within a consulting environment;
- Have a track record of successful management of projects and project teams in a consultancy environment;
- Proficient with modern simulation software and electrical circuit modelling tools e.g. PSS/E, DigSILENT Powerfactory, ETAP, ERACS etc.;
- Experience with software script writing, e.g. Python.
Don't forget to mention EuroClimateJobs when applying.