We are looking for another Director to join our Analytics Hub, preferably via one of our European hubs to help oversee SYSTEMIQ’s analytical work-programme. Primarily this will be about developing system models (most notably around country and decarbonization and energy transition modelling). The successful candidate will be responsible for developing analyses which answer some of the most complex and challenging questions on the road to a net-zero or net-positive economy, and for using these insights to help build consensus on critical actions for the next decade. The work includes all facets of the analytics process; techniques, organization, internal education and hiring.
This is an exciting opportunity to define the analytics platform at a growing and ambitious consultancy. The candidate will be one of SYSTEMIQ’s go-to expert on everything analytics, leading a central team of 5-10 specialists, working closely with all platforms.
The successful candidate will have an appetite to grip the big picture and the systems-implications of our work on decarbonization, material flows, nature and planetary boundaries, while also understanding the details underpinning analytical work and advanced modelling skills required. The candidate will be proactive and able to deliver autonomously, taking ownership for the set up of the team and its strategy, whilst progressively building out and linking up models and modules.
- Energy Transition and/or Decarbonisation modelling is strongly preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills –confident leading high-quality quantitative and qualitative analytics on a range of different topics
- Proactive and self-starter, appetite for working autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track-record leading and managing an analytical / project team: Structuring and prioritising a complex, multiple-faceted work programme, including for other team members
- Confident working with assertive, analytical, diverse group of colleagues, and ability to work as part of the international team.
- Alignment with SYSTEMIQ values (creativity, challenge, collaborate, change and care), and be able to demonstrate how they have lived these values in a professional setting
- Working experience with different types of modelling techniques, and an in depth understanding of good data and modelling practices. Experience in creating and developing modelling solutions that can help to answer complex questions will be particularly valuable.
- Understanding of geospatial data analysis (GIS) and data visualization toolkits such as Tableau
- Knowledge of and experience with designing relatively complex, interdependent IT-systems and data management systems
- Experience working with version control and open source software
- Proficiency in English (both conversation and writing).
- University degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in programming, data analytics, data science or related technical fields.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in analytics, modelling, data science or data engineering, plus work in a leadership/oversight role as part of this experience.
- Familiarity with climate change mitigation, greenhouse gas emission accounting, and circular economy principles.
- Experience creating, working with and developing climate and energy system models, including optimisation models and power system dispatch models.
- Experience in fundraising, proposal and bid writing
- Experience in advisory / strategy consultancy
- Knowledge in QGIS, ArcGIS (desktop and server), Spatial Analysis and Image Processing Software (e.g. QGIS Semi-automatic Classification Plugin (SCP), The Sentinel Toolbox, Geographic Resources Analysis Support System (GRASS), ENVI, etc.) as well as data management
Don't forget to mention EuroClimateJobs when applying.