PPA Market Lead
Aurora Energy Research
We are looking for an experienced professional for the role of PPA Market Lead, to head up Aurora’s PPA practice in Europe. The PPA Market Lead will have the responsibility of managing and coordinating Aurora’s PPA Advisory projects as well as overseeing Aurora’s PPA research and software activities.
Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) play a critical role in enabling the expansion of renewable energy in Europe. At Aurora, we leverage our relationships, energy market expertise, bankable forecasts and quantitative modelling excellence to support our clients in structuring, valuing, negotiating, and signing PPA contracts, as well as informing their broader PPA strategy. Our offering spans advisory, software and research analytics (reports and forecasts).
As the PPA Market Lead, you'll become the figurehead of Aurora's fast growing PPA practice across Europe. You will support renewable developers, utilities and corporates in understanding European PPA markets, building their PPA strategy and advise them on end-to-end PPA transactions. You will coordinate and oversee a cross-functional Aurora PPA team of developers, analysts, commercial and quants to leverage Aurora’s PPA SaaS product offering and deep power market expertise to provide clients with cutting edge PPA support. You will use your intricate understanding of PPAs to shape and define our offering, guide the analytical frameworks and methodologies underpinning our tools and advisory services.
We are looking for a professional combining experience in PPA origination and market transactions, quantitative analysis of PPA pricing and risk assessments, understanding of trading and hedging, as well as a strong track record in managing stakeholder groups and projects with an exceptional entrepreneurial drive. You will work in a creative, intellectually stimulating, and supportive environment. You will operate at the very forefront of the energy transition and vitally contribute to one of Aurora’s strategic priorities.
- Lead Aurora’s PPA services in Europe;
- Expand Aurora’s overall PPA product vision and strategy, shaping Aurora’s PPA service and product offering;
- Managing and expanding the central PPA Advisory team;
- Advise clients (renewable developers, investors, utilities and corporate offtakers) on strategic PPA projects and end-to-end PPA transactions;
- Guide and oversee the cross-functional Aurora PPA product suite, comprising of software development, research analytics, and commercial/marketing to expand our footprint in the European PPA advisory space;
- Build partnerships and collaborations in the market with advisors and platforms (legal, accounting, tax, trading) to broaden our PPA offering and capabilities;
- Contribute to deepening our methodologies and tools for pricing and analysing PPAs that underpin our software and offering;
- Inform and provide guidance on the PPA products and tools with the wider Aurora team, coordinating our activities across all European markets and with our local teams;
- Support on the international expansion of our PPA products and services.
What we are looking for
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience of which at least 3 years of experience in PPA markets (origination, trading, power procurement);
- Proven track record of involvement in end-to-end PPA transactions (incl. PPA structuring, tendering and negotiation), for renewable developers, utilities and/or corporate offtakers;
- Good understanding of PPA valuation, structuring and risk assessments;
- Understanding of PPA and power market economics and the renewables sector for at least one European country, preferably more;
- Expertise in leading PPA projects, client management, and engaging with diverse market participants;
- Skill in coordinating cross-functional teams, including internal stakeholder groups and steering committees;
- Excellent communication and analytical skills;
- Great attention to detail and ability to switch fluently between high-level strategic considerations and details of implementation.
- Bringing in a network of PPA market participants (especially renewable developers and offtakers);
- Knowledge on corporate decarbonisation and integration of PPAs into power procurement.
Don't forget to mention EuroClimateJobs when applying.