Power Portfolio Specialist
Power Portfolio & Market has the responsibility for the commercialization of production from renewable projects and for developing active portfolio management of Equinor’s power exposure and third-party positions.
The Portfolio Management (PM) team is a new and growing unit which is accountable for the power portfolio profit and loss, and responsible for advising on Equinor’s asset portfolio (investments/divestments), as well as business area and cluster strategies: the key areas of focus of are mid- to long- term PPA market, including green attributes, hedging strategies and optimization of these positions.
By joining our team in Portfolio Management you will have the opportunity to:
- Contribute to the management and optimization of the power portfolio by working with our origination and trading units.
- Support the development of best-in-class methodologies and tools for pricing and portfolio management.
- Create and maintain analysis and position management tools for use in the group.
- Support the analysis of new business cases and opportunities.
Some qualities are essential for Equinor. You identify with our values, open, collaborative, courageous and caring, which guide our decisions and help us succeed and grow. You make safety your priority and contribute to our zero-harm culture.
For this position, we are also looking for:
- Experience working in power analysis, power trading or power portfolio management, with insight and experience in:
- Understanding of European power markets.
- Trading analysis or risk management of power products.
- Quantitative modelling and analysis.
- Programming experience, ideally using Python.
- A team player with strong communication and cross-cultural skills, who is motivated to support the development of a growing team.
- A professional standard of English, both written and spoken.
- Relevant educational background within Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or similar.
Don't forget to mention EuroClimateJobs when applying.